Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Tasted out of a snifter. Clear in color with nice to boot, Centinela blanco is truly a classic. I don't know what it is, but there's something very 'old school' about it. I know it's an older distillery and I'd have to say thats the impression it gives off. Very old school, and traditional. I tried this at El Carmen, and Im having a hard time finding a bottle. Someone said the blanco is only available in Mexico, but then how did El Carmen have it? In any case, a very nice blanco that I highly recommend to new and seasoned tequila drinkers. This blanco's key is subtlety, done right.

Aroma: A light aroma consisting of grass and floral (violet). Light, yet it really works.
Initial Taste: A semi-oily mouth feel, a semi-heated entry with no bitterness. An initial taste of tropical fruit.
Body: A very nicely balanced, yet subtle body of agave, with hints fruit, floral, and earth.
Finish: A slightly heated finish of long duration with a lingering of floral.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
November 27, 2012
I remember El Carmen's menu being littered with "NFS" in place of prices. They have dozens and dozens of tequilas not available in the US, and therefore technically not for sale.
C
cocktailgeek
1 results - showing 1 - 1