Review Detail

XQ Tequila Gran Reserva Anejo
Anejos
Submitted by Tequila.net     April 14, 2007    
XQ Gran Reserva Extra Anejo NOM 1522 Tasted on 8/29/07 at 4:45pm. I tried this tequila at Zocalo in Sacramento, CA. This bottle has a unique design, being that it is in the shape of an X. With a golden color, this tequila has intense aromas of floral, caramel, and earth. Other aromas include moderate fruit, vanilla, and spice. The tequila has a medium to heavy mouth feel and on the first sip is semi sweet with a hint of bitterness. XQ Gran Reserva has intense flavors of earth, vanilla, and caramel followed by moderate to intense notes of agave and smoke. With a long duration of flavor, tastes of moderate floral and mild fruit and spice bring this tequila to a numbing finish. XQ Gran Reserva has received the rating of 88/89 points out of 100.
Overall rating 

Aroma-Nose 

Initial Taste 

Body 

Finish 

Enjoyability 

Price 

Presentation 

Reviewed by Tequila Joe March 23, 2008
Top 10 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (148)

XQ Gran Reserva Extra Anejo NOM 1522 Tasted on 8/29/07 at 4:45pm. I tried this tequila at Zocalo in Sacramento, CA. This bottle has a unique design, being that it is in the shape of an X. With a golden color, this tequila has intense aromas of floral, caramel, and earth. Other aromas include moderate fruit, vanilla, and spice. The tequila has a medium to heavy mouth feel and on the first sip is semi sweet with a hint of bitterness. XQ Gran Reserva has intense flavors of earth, vanilla, and caramel followed by moderate to intense notes of agave and smoke. With a long duration of flavor, tastes of moderate floral and mild fruit and spice bring this tequila to a numbing finish. XQ Gran Reserva has received the rating of 88/89 points out of 100.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account