Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

When I decided to start opening bottles again, this Excellia Añejo was right in my sights. The blanco is probably one of my favorites and one of the most unique blancos that I've had the good pleasure of tasting. Add that to the fact that I think that Carlos Camarena is doing some of the finest tequila making out there at NOM 1139 and this one is highly anticipated.

Price: $60-75/bottle

Aroma: Pure agave nose. Grassy, citrusy and lightly vegetal. Lovely.

Initial Taste: Sweet and grassy agave on the entry. Simple, but elegant and tasty.

Body: Medium to thin body. Some herbal notes come through mid-palate. The light grass and fruit are still there as well. And the sweetness is present, but not overpowering.

Finish: A wonderful finish that incorporates all of the elements above and has a long linger as well. A great ending to a wonderful tequila.

For avid readers of the blog, you know that I like to assign everything a relative value. I'm a huge fan of NOM 1139 and this tequila has so many of the great elements of the Tapatio line. The different barrel finish definitely adds some new elements, but the bones are still the same. So if you are new to 1139, go and grab a 1L of Tapatio Añejo for $45 and love every minute of it. If you're looking for something different or a side by side comparison, go and grab this one. You won't regret either bottle. Salud!
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments