Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

There should be a different category for tequilas like this. Extra Alcohol. I drink tequila because I like the flavor (Agave is a deity) That said I do like some higher proof tequilas, like Kah which is also made by Tequila finos, along with the excellent Don Camillo, Tenoch, and the very good " El Kirko" silver from Costco. So I picked up a bottle of 99 during a close-out sale. (You can hit it big). The aroma-nose was very good. No fumes to speak of. Then the initial taste was Oh my god! just a mouth full of ethanol, then a hint of good Anejo tequila, then more heat. (gag). the next sip was much better with a nice anejo barrel flavor with a hint of bourbonness and a very nice finish. Subsequent sips were quite nice being very much smoother with a nice body ( even a bit syrupy) and a nice anejo tequila finish. All and all quite enjoyable and a bit on the wild side. Great for those high energy type occasions like bachelor parties. I give Agave 99 a nice solid score of 99. (just kidding) but it does get a 90.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments