Review Detail

Antiguo Tequila Anejo
Anejos
Submitted by Tequila.net     October 25, 2009    
500ml bottle has a unique built in plastic pourer, which i really like for small pours. anejo. 2012. 38% abv. quick thin legs. golden yellow color, like raw egg whites. nose is white pepper, unbaked pear tarts, hint agave, and alcohol. initial taste of tropical fruit, pepper, agave. mild oily. finishes with fumey almost-overripe pear (i see the relation to bubblegum, as the tequila tourist reports, but dont fully agree), white pepper, agave, hint honeysuckle. Goes down quite smooth without too much burn. aftertaste is hint of agave, slight sugar cane sweetness (bueno), fresh pears, and almost hidden oak.. delightful. Im sensitive to sweets (clase azul repo makes me wretch), but if it had some citrus notes, the bouquette would be my vision of a perfect dessert reposado. yes, i am speaking about this anejo. got as a gift, but can be found in california for ~33$. I hope to compare this to a more commonly found 40%, as this bottle was brought directly from across the border. I find myself wanting to pour dram after dram. Definitely an after meal / slightly sweet treat. But not too sweet. Would purchase again for no more than 50$.
Overall rating 

Aroma-Nose 

Initial Taste 

Body 

Finish 

Enjoyability 

Price 

Presentation 

Reviewed by johndaily408 October 10, 2014
Top 500 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (2)

baked fruity and smooth

500ml bottle has a unique built in plastic pourer, which i really like for small pours. anejo. 2012. 38% abv. quick thin legs. golden yellow color, like raw egg whites. nose is white pepper, unbaked pear tarts, hint agave, and alcohol. initial taste of tropical fruit, pepper, agave. mild oily. finishes with fumey almost-overripe pear (i see the relation to bubblegum, as the tequila tourist reports, but dont fully agree), white pepper, agave, hint honeysuckle. Goes down quite smooth without too much burn. aftertaste is hint of agave, slight sugar cane sweetness (bueno), fresh pears, and almost hidden oak.. delightful. Im sensitive to sweets (clase azul repo makes me wretch), but if it had some citrus notes, the bouquette would be my vision of a perfect dessert reposado. yes, i am speaking about this anejo. got as a gift, but can be found in california for ~33$. I hope to compare this to a more commonly found 40%, as this bottle was brought directly from across the border. I find myself wanting to pour dram after dram. Definitely an after meal / slightly sweet treat. But not too sweet. Would purchase again for no more than 50$.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account