Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Tasted in a caballito on Christmas Eve, 2013. I bought it at Bev Mo for $100. They finally got the message and matched Costco on the price. This is my second premium anejo this month. That's a big change for me since I've been specializing in cheap ($20 or less) tequila for the last couple of years. So I'm not an expert in more expensive tequila and I've heard about the "holy" nature of this tequila for years. I tasted it once before, but was half drunk, so I certainly didn't remember it well. This time I did it right. It was smooth in the mouth and tasted heavy with vanilla and caramel with hints of wood. The after taste is very pleasant and doesn't burn of course. My ratings are a little lower than some here because I didn't think it was far and away better than the Casa Noble Anejo I reviewed last week, which is half the price. The Don Julio bottle is simple and elegant, but not outstanding. Overall, this was another very good experience and if the money doesn't bother you, I'd recommend it any time.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments