Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

The bottle for Tequila Uno (T-1) is really quite nice even if it does look a bit like some wine bottles; better that than the tall thin look. On a shelf behind the bar this will certainly draw attention since there are no other tequila bottles that are similar. Unfortunately, the top and stopper are plastic rather glass - so they look a bit cheap in comparison to the bottle. T-1 is competitively priced for an añejo and anyone who wants to try a new añejo will be happy to add this to their "must try" list. It's up to you if it's on your "must buy" list. Let's take a look inside the bottle.
In a tasting glass, the color is a rich creamy brown - like maple syrup dissolved in water. There are thick lingering legs that almost refuse to drain to the liquid below. This is a nice clear tequila with medium viscosity. The first nose is sweet with strong caramel and vanilla overtones. Agitating the liquid brings additional aromas of agave and a hint of smoke. Holding the tequila in a closed mouth and then allowing it to slide down the front of your throat - there is a strong alcohol presence with subtle hints of hidden flavors. The second swallow, when properly aerated, will deliver a rich chocolate-infused cinnamon flavor that reminds me of really expensive extra añejos. I taste moderate barrel influence with a hint of honey, but spicy in a picante fashion - perhaps white pepper.
A little disappointed in the finish since it does not "mellow-out" too much. I would recommend orange slices sprinkled with pepper salt between sips. The flavor in general is quite pleasant but strong with alcohol from start to finish.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments