Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Purchased this Anejo for about $17 USD in Puerto Vallarta, I would recommend not paying any more than $20 USD.
For the price this Anejo did not disappoint, but that doesn't make it extraordinary. It is not a bad tequila for introducing people to the complexity of anejo's or for those that enjoy wasting anejos in their margaritas.
Sweetness overtakes any sign of oakiness on the nose. The body is below average in terms of what I have come to expect from properly aged tequilas, having unusually thin tears. My biggest tiff was that the body/finish lacked proper balance between smoothness & complexity. The bottle is actually attractive for the asking price, though please beware the dreaded saftey spout once you open it, the spouts are often poorly made. If the spout breaks on your bottle you will need to remove the glass restraining beads in the neck of the bottle using tweezers...therwise your bottle will likely refuse to pour you a drop. (Please watch for plastic shards that can ruin one's day.)
In short this isn't a bad anejo for the price, but there are too many cheap competitors for me to fully recommend that you try this one first.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments