Review Detail

Carreta de Oro Tequila Anejo
Anejos
Submitted by Tequila.net     November 11, 2012    
Carreta de Oro has always been a brand that has intrigued me. I was fortunate enough to get a pour of it recently without having to buy the bottle and was impressed with the complexity...especially given the price

Aroma: Rich cooked agave, oak and baking spices.
Initial Taste: Cooked agave, vanilla, light fruit and spices.
Body: Medium oily body with a good amount of oak. Light vanilla and baking spices with a light smoke and pepper round it out nicely.
Finish: Lots of oak makes for a slightly bitter finish. It only last for a medium length, but there’s also a good amount of spice on the finish.

Not an overly sweet anejo. It has a lot of complexity from the lowland agave and the aging for 28 months. The baking spices, oak, pepper and smoke give this anejo a really interesting finish. For the price, this one stands out nicely as one for tequila lovers to try.
Overall rating 

Aroma-Nose 

Initial Taste 

Body 

Finish 

Enjoyability 

Price 

Presentation 

Reviewed by Tequila Tourist January 08, 2013
#1 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (414)

Carreta de Oro has always been a brand that has intrigued me. I was fortunate enough to get a pour of it recently without having to buy the bottle and was impressed with the complexity...especially given the price

Aroma: Rich cooked agave, oak and baking spices.
Initial Taste: Cooked agave, vanilla, light fruit and spices.
Body: Medium oily body with a good amount of oak. Light vanilla and baking spices with a light smoke and pepper round it out nicely.
Finish: Lots of oak makes for a slightly bitter finish. It only last for a medium length, but there’s also a good amount of spice on the finish.

Not an overly sweet anejo. It has a lot of complexity from the lowland agave and the aging for 28 months. The baking spices, oak, pepper and smoke give this anejo a really interesting finish. For the price, this one stands out nicely as one for tequila lovers to try.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account