Review Detail

Regional Tequila Anejo
Anejos
Submitted by Tequila.net     July 21, 2007    
NOM 1503 produces one of my favorite anejos, so I figured that I would start with the other anejo produced at that distillery. The price is right, so I'll hope for the best.

Aroma: Sweet & buttery agave with a nice note of ripe fruit.
Initial Taste: Fruity & caramel with a nice amount of baking spices.
Body: A nice thick body for an anejo. Buttery and sweet notes with just a hint of wood. There's also a nice spicy flavor in it as well.
Finish: A great smooth finish. The sweetness stays throughout and there's just the right amount of oak to keep it from being bitter. You even get some of the nice agave flavors despite it being aged and a dark color.

This is a pretty darn good anejo for the $30 range. All of the flavors that you look for with a low price...but a pretty standard and ugly bottle. But, the juice inside is good, so feel free to ignore the presentation.
Overall rating 

Aroma-Nose 

Initial Taste 

Body 

Finish 

Enjoyability 

Price 

Presentation 

Reviewed by Tequila Tourist July 30, 2012
#1 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (414)

NOM 1503 produces one of my favorite anejos, so I figured that I would start with the other anejo produced at that distillery. The price is right, so I'll hope for the best.

Aroma: Sweet & buttery agave with a nice note of ripe fruit.
Initial Taste: Fruity & caramel with a nice amount of baking spices.
Body: A nice thick body for an anejo. Buttery and sweet notes with just a hint of wood. There's also a nice spicy flavor in it as well.
Finish: A great smooth finish. The sweetness stays throughout and there's just the right amount of oak to keep it from being bitter. You even get some of the nice agave flavors despite it being aged and a dark color.

This is a pretty darn good anejo for the $30 range. All of the flavors that you look for with a low price...but a pretty standard and ugly bottle. But, the juice inside is good, so feel free to ignore the presentation.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account