Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I absolutely love the blanco from this line. So much that when I saw the anejo on sale that I had to try it. Can it live up to it's lesser aged brother?

Aroma: Agave and oak, but a fairly light aroma for an anejo without the normal sweet influences from the wood.
Initial Taste: More like a reposado than an anejo. Nice agave flavors and light wood and vanilla flavors, but not a ton of aging influnce.
Body: Light body for an anejo and semi-oily. A very nice flavor with oak, spice and light caramel flavors, but not heavy at all.
Finish: A very smooth and tasty finish. No burn at all and a fairly short finish. A bit of light spice as well. Again, more like a reposado than an anejo, but a good overall flavor.

It's not quite as good as the blanco, but is a pretty good tequila. However, the fact that this is most often in the $45-50 range, it is probably slightly overpriced. If you can find it on sale, go ahead and get a bottle, but there's plenty more out there in the price range that has more complex and better overall flavors.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments