Review Detail

Don Eduardo Tequila Anejo
Anejos
Submitted by Tequila.net     February 22, 2007    
I absolutely love the blanco from this line. So much that when I saw the anejo on sale that I had to try it. Can it live up to it's lesser aged brother?

Aroma: Agave and oak, but a fairly light aroma for an anejo without the normal sweet influences from the wood.
Initial Taste: More like a reposado than an anejo. Nice agave flavors and light wood and vanilla flavors, but not a ton of aging influnce.
Body: Light body for an anejo and semi-oily. A very nice flavor with oak, spice and light caramel flavors, but not heavy at all.
Finish: A very smooth and tasty finish. No burn at all and a fairly short finish. A bit of light spice as well. Again, more like a reposado than an anejo, but a good overall flavor.

It's not quite as good as the blanco, but is a pretty good tequila. However, the fact that this is most often in the $45-50 range, it is probably slightly overpriced. If you can find it on sale, go ahead and get a bottle, but there's plenty more out there in the price range that has more complex and better overall flavors.
Overall rating 

Aroma-Nose 

Initial Taste 

Body 

Finish 

Enjoyability 

Price 

Presentation 

Reviewed by Tequila Tourist June 17, 2012
#1 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (414)

I absolutely love the blanco from this line. So much that when I saw the anejo on sale that I had to try it. Can it live up to it's lesser aged brother?

Aroma: Agave and oak, but a fairly light aroma for an anejo without the normal sweet influences from the wood.
Initial Taste: More like a reposado than an anejo. Nice agave flavors and light wood and vanilla flavors, but not a ton of aging influnce.
Body: Light body for an anejo and semi-oily. A very nice flavor with oak, spice and light caramel flavors, but not heavy at all.
Finish: A very smooth and tasty finish. No burn at all and a fairly short finish. A bit of light spice as well. Again, more like a reposado than an anejo, but a good overall flavor.

It's not quite as good as the blanco, but is a pretty good tequila. However, the fact that this is most often in the $45-50 range, it is probably slightly overpriced. If you can find it on sale, go ahead and get a bottle, but there's plenty more out there in the price range that has more complex and better overall flavors.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account