Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I have had a few bottles of this since it has been on clearance at a local store for quite awhile, priced at $19.99 for all three ages. I was excited to find this La Cofradia product so reasonably priced.

The nose on this is nice, with the La Cofradia classic aroma, although I must say it is a little hot, especially for an anejo.

The taste follows the nose, with predictable La Cofradia characteristics of sweet agave, but with a bit of oak in this anejo. It is actually fairly bright for an anejo, likely due to the alcohol tingling on the tongue. The body is light for what you might expect in an aged product, so not remarkable in that regard.

There is a heated finish that is unexpected and longer than I personally wanted, again not expected from an anejo, but more La Cofradia taste coming through.

For what I paid it was okay. Kind of a supplemental sipper/shooter, but not one to sip all night. It's only redeeming characteristic for me was the La Cofradia taste. I had one bottle crack, so had to transfer it to another bottle before total leakage, and the cork cap is make of plastic, so cheap components all around in the packaging I have had.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments