Review Detail

Ocho Tequila Anejo
Anejos
Submitted by Tequila.net     January 12, 2009    
2010 - Rancho San Agustin

Aroma: A nice light agave, fruit and floral nose.
Initial Taste: Light agave and spice. Not a heavy wood taste that you get out of a lot of anejos. Maybe that should be expected because the color is a very light straw for an anejo.
Body: Nice strong agave presence with a light vanilla. Only semi oily and thin mouth feel.
Finish: A nice spicy linger at the end with a pleasant burn. Nothing overwhelming, but it reminds for a while that your drank it.

Even with the fruity and floral nose, those never take over or dominate the agave or spice. This is very good tequila, but for $60+, I'd expect better. The bottle is fine. I like the simplicity, but it doesn't stand out that much either.

Drink it...Enjoy it...but it won't be the best value for the money out there for sure.
Overall rating 

Aroma-Nose 

Initial Taste 

Body 

Finish 

Enjoyability 

Price 

Presentation 

Reviewed by Tequila Tourist March 09, 2012
#1 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (414)

2010 - Rancho San Agustin

Aroma: A nice light agave, fruit and floral nose.
Initial Taste: Light agave and spice. Not a heavy wood taste that you get out of a lot of anejos. Maybe that should be expected because the color is a very light straw for an anejo.
Body: Nice strong agave presence with a light vanilla. Only semi oily and thin mouth feel.
Finish: A nice spicy linger at the end with a pleasant burn. Nothing overwhelming, but it reminds for a while that your drank it.

Even with the fruity and floral nose, those never take over or dominate the agave or spice. This is very good tequila, but for $60+, I'd expect better. The bottle is fine. I like the simplicity, but it doesn't stand out that much either.

Drink it...Enjoy it...but it won't be the best value for the money out there for sure.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account