Review Detail

XQ Tequila Gran Reserva Anejo
Anejos
Submitted by Tequila.net     April 14, 2007    
The initial smell is of agave and perhaps something light like cucumbers. Definitely a tequila with hints of aged wood and a little sweetness. This tequila has some interesting elements in its body - it's definitely for sipping. The finish is pleasant and reminds me of the finish of a cognac. As far as enjoyability, the tequila finishes better than it starts - and that's always nice. I bought this in Los Algondonas in 2011 for 44 dollars. I guess that makes it a 100; however, I know the regular price is around 70 dollars elsewhere. My proximity to the boarder skewers my rating here - however, even so, the tequila comes bottled in one of the most recognizable bottles in the land of tequila - and to be honest, that is why I initially purchased it.

Amber, with very slow tears and a pearl that stayed around until I gave it a swirl, this is a classic tequila.
Overall rating 

Aroma-Nose 

Initial Taste 

Body 

Finish 

Enjoyability 

Price 

Presentation 

Reviewed by telescopes June 12, 2011
Top 100 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (6)

The initial smell is of agave and perhaps something light like cucumbers. Definitely a tequila with hints of aged wood and a little sweetness. This tequila has some interesting elements in its body - it's definitely for sipping. The finish is pleasant and reminds me of the finish of a cognac. As far as enjoyability, the tequila finishes better than it starts - and that's always nice. I bought this in Los Algondonas in 2011 for 44 dollars. I guess that makes it a 100; however, I know the regular price is around 70 dollars elsewhere. My proximity to the boarder skewers my rating here - however, even so, the tequila comes bottled in one of the most recognizable bottles in the land of tequila - and to be honest, that is why I initially purchased it.

Amber, with very slow tears and a pearl that stayed around until I gave it a swirl, this is a classic tequila.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account