Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Ahh Herradura, I kind of have a love/hate with this distillery. It seems like their bottling is inconsistent. Sometimes I have it and love it, others not so much. I bought this bottle based on a tasting I did a few months ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. Granted it was chilled and I've since only had it neat in Reidel's or brandy snifters.

Aroma- You can def. tell its been steeped in bourbon/whiskey barrels as its got that oakiness and de facto vanilla/agave. I think I also got a bit of caramel and heavy notes of banana. The longer this sits in the glass the better it is.

Taste- Everything in the nose comes out in the taste with the addition of some vegetal/herbal notes. They've done a great job at keeping the mellow oak with the bite of the agave. Again if I pour then sip I dont enjoy it as much as if I pour and let it sit for 20 minutes and periodically swirl it in the glass. On one hand theres a lot going on here but not so much that my semi-virgin pallet cant pick out.

Price/Presentation- Its a nice bottle with lots of glass, minimal label. Mines dif than the pic above where only the horseshoe is on the bottle. I'd like a cork at this price/quality but its not a turn-off. I paid mid $40's for the bottle and I think thats fair, a lil bit cheaper wouldn't hurt as always.
J
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments