Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Purchased 5/1/10, paid $100 online. Sampled from 6 oz shot glass. The Box/bottle is odd to me... a cheap bottle wrapped in tissue paper with a big sticker on it? Looks like a 5yr old made it. I bought this because the Tesoro anejo is so very good. Paradiso is another story. Light caramel in color, slides down the glass quickly and gathers to form medium tears. Nose is light, sweet, fruity minimal alcohol wiff, and a plethora of spice/floral added that overwhelm the agave. If something is added it should not be muted. Thin mouth and body, smooth but so is water! The agave is all but gone here. What a departure from the other quality products NOM-1139 produce. Don't get me wrong, its OK, but not for $100? Its suppose to be tequila, but you almost forget it. I have read all the reviews below and IMHO tequila was the last thing on their mind when this was made. Boring is the word that comes to mind. Smooth is nothing with out character. This is a total miss compared to other quality anejos' for far less $. Smooth is NOT an important factor for tequila. If properly distilled, agave is smooth and delightful on it's own. But when it is over produced, as this is, you get something that is confused, muted and boring. I apologize for the rant, but Easy to drink doesn't make it "good". For a third the pride there are better tequila's out there.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments