Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Purchased March/2010, paid $60 online. Sampled from a 6oz shot glass, neat. Color is light amber, leaves fast legs, minimal tears. NOM-1079 has some of my favorite tequila brands and that is why I did not hesitate to buy. The bottle is a liability at best, this is a marketing gig and they blew it, nothing about the bottle sets it apart. The nose is light, agave/caramel/butterscotch and a minimal floral wiff. Let this tequila breath for a bit, the nose will subtly change in character. Medium mouth feel, complex, some whiskey comes through, holds very well. Finish is a bit muted, very smooth, minimal heat but numbing will slowly build on the tongue and gums if you drink uninterrupted. It dissipates quickly leaving an oak tinge. There is a lot going on with every sip, its a work of art that you taste. Price maybe the only draw back. The more I have the better I like it. Its underwhelming at first but grows on you... The whole is greater than the sum of its parts, odd but true. I'll buy again.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments