Review Detail

La Certeza Tequila Anejo
Anejos
Submitted by Tequila.net     March 01, 2007    
I don’t recall the exact price I paid for this, but it was somewhere between $20-30. It’s not of the highest quality, but for the price it really is a steal. I’ve tasted quite a few $40-50 bottles that aren’t as good.

The nose is very nice - warm & sweet with notes of spice, vanilla, hint of pine, very subtle smokey wood, and a touch of earthiness. The nose on this as it opens up a bit is very complex and one of the highlights for me. If only the complexity in the body matched it would be an “A” rather than a “B” for me.

The overall tasting experience is decent, but simple - a sweet entry, strong smokey oak presence lacking a noticeable agave presence, and a peppery finish. Not too strong of a bite.

I’m curious to try their reposado as I think this might be a good anejo if it was aged just a little less due to the strong smokey oak flavor.

Again, great value... can’t be beat for the price.
Overall rating 

Aroma-Nose 

Initial Taste 

Body 

Finish 

Enjoyability 

Price 

Presentation 

Reviewed by drawnad April 04, 2010
Top 10 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (52)

I don’t recall the exact price I paid for this, but it was somewhere between $20-30. It’s not of the highest quality, but for the price it really is a steal. I’ve tasted quite a few $40-50 bottles that aren’t as good.

The nose is very nice - warm & sweet with notes of spice, vanilla, hint of pine, very subtle smokey wood, and a touch of earthiness. The nose on this as it opens up a bit is very complex and one of the highlights for me. If only the complexity in the body matched it would be an “A” rather than a “B” for me.

The overall tasting experience is decent, but simple - a sweet entry, strong smokey oak presence lacking a noticeable agave presence, and a peppery finish. Not too strong of a bite.

I’m curious to try their reposado as I think this might be a good anejo if it was aged just a little less due to the strong smokey oak flavor.

Again, great value... can’t be beat for the price.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account