Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

MMM... Bought 3/1/10, sampled from a tall shot glass, neat. I must admit, tequila reminds me of the opposite sex. If it looks good and smells even better, you find yourself getting closer. I hope my wife doesn't read this! As I read the intro for this anejo, I was skeptical that it would live up to all the hype. Well boy'z and girl'z it does. It has a wonderful color, beautiful inviting nose and well balanced smooth body and clean finish. I'm moving it to the front part of the shelve for sure. Is it my favorite? ... no, top 5 for sure. Its a "modern" Tequila. Very refined, complex, aged and crafted. Is it what I want in a tequila? ... sometimes, but not always. Its an M5, sometimes I want a 69' Cuda', the M5 is nice everyday, but it wont kick you in the pants like a big block. The more I drink good tequila's, I find myself drawn to the older NOM's from time to time. Do't get me wrong this is an excellent at a fair price. The bottle is a bit too modern and the only let down. I'll serve this to friends, thats as good as it gets!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments