Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

This is an outstanding tequila. It has a great nose, a rich taste, a smooth warm body and a nice finish. It flourishes in the body and it is clean in the end.

I am not sure why everyone keeps referring to the price; it's as if some seem unable to enjoy the tequila for its excellent characteristics, as if the low price somehow makes it inferior.

Since everyone seems hung up on price, let's address that issue. It is, hands down, the best $20.00 bottle of Anejo you'll ever buy, this side of the Rio Grande. Furthermore it embarrasses many, many $35.00 - $75.00 bottles who frankly ought to pack it in if they can't offer something exclusive at that price. I've had lots of bottles in that price range (and continue to enjoy a few) that are put to shame by this little $20.00 bottle of tequila.

I'd blind taste this against the the top ten most popular (and the more expensive in the price range I mentioned) anejos, any day, and I'd expect Puerto Vallerta to come in 3rd or 4th on average. Don Pilar is better (possibly the best IMO), you can name the two obvious others; the rest can get in line behind Puerto Vallerta Anejo.
DH
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments